Friday, January 14, 2011

the mommy necklace

check out this nursing necklace i made for a friend whose sister just became a mom:  

made from pink jade, amethyst, chalcedony, and silver-plated metal, it features a dangling donut to keep baby's hands busy while nursing.  while i can't take credit for the idea, i certainly think i made it better.  Rather than using cheap acrylic beads, i used genuine gemstones, which won't scratch or lose their luster and are definitely much prettier.  also, the necklace my friend showed me had a breakaway clasp, which means that each time baby pulls hard enough, the necklace would fall off.  this would make the necklace "unbreakable" but you'd spend all day re-fastening it!  instead, i used strong beading wire and a toggle clasp-- still pretty unbreakable, but it will stay put all day long!




let me make something special for you!  you'll have a one-of-a-kind item, quickly, and at a reasonable price!  i can take an existing idea and run with it!  or you can tell me which materials and/or colors you want, and i can come up with something on my own!  contact me if you are interested in a custom piece!


rhonda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment