Thursday, February 14, 2013

winter storm nemo and lots of free time!


so i'm on an impromptu winter break this week, with so much time on hands that i've been reorganizing all my stuff, making lists, and planning lots of wonderfully fun new things!



let me backtrack...

in case you've been under a rock over the past few days:  the u.s. northeast, and particularly new england, where i reside, was hit by a major blizzard last friday night, covering many areas, including my own, with upwards of 3 feet of fluffy white snow!  while it's been beautiful to look at, it's been unbearably awful to experience, as we were trapped in our home 2 1/2 days!  but 2 days only seems like a lot, until you consider that some people in my city, the largest in CT, mind you, are still waiting for the plow to come!



the arches at bridgeport's seaside park, on monday-- the city hadn't plowed yet, but UB had done some sections of the road, including here.

downtown bridgeport during the height of the storm (photo credit:  benjamin henson)


when entire cities are shut down for days, so are the schools!  this means that for an entire week and a day i've been home with my children, who are eating me out of house and home and driving me absolutely bonkers!!  lol!  so you can imagine the pleasure i'm getting from disappearing every now and then into the the laundry room or my studio, to do housework or declutter!  and anyone who knows me knows how much i like to plan and make lists, which is exactly what i've been up to!



yikes!  there's a car under there somewhere...
my husband and son headed to the store on sunday, shovel in hand since the road was not yet plowed, after we ran out of bread, milk, and eggs-- it was slim-pickings at the gas station down the street, though!
"hmm, how do we get outta here?!!"


i've been thinking of new ways to present my crafts, recipes, and other ideas, as well as to build my business.  i've also been thinking of new products to create, as well as old products to retire, as i continue to hone a niche for handmadecows.

though i've already been slow to get back into the blogging game, i am taking a hiatus for the rest of the month, to reorganize my thoughts, create some new things, and bring you an all new blog.  it will focus on ways to create fun and innovative items as well as delicious and easy recipes, without spending a ton of money.  i am a teacher, so of course i know how to be thrifty!  haha!

until then, enjoy 20% off at handmadecows, during my winter clearance sale, with the code HEART13.  but hurry-- this offer expires february 28th!



see you soon!
rhonda :)




No comments:

Post a Comment